Search Postgresql Archives

Re: duplicate OID issue when using pg_upgrade to move from 8.4 to 9.2

On 01/01/2014 12:45 PM, Reiser, John J. wrote:

On 1/1/14, 3:37 PM, "Tom Lane" <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could you look at the text surrounding these places to determine which
types this OID is being selected for?  Each of these calls should be just
preceding a CREATE TYPE command (with maybe a set_next_array_pg_type_oid
call between) that is supposed to use the specified OID for its type.
Also identify which databases the commands are being issued in, by looking
back for the most recent \connect command.

Also, is there any CREATE TYPE for st_envelope preceding the failing
CREATE FUNCTION command (in the same database)?

			regards, tom lane

Tom,

Thanks for the info. After searching the output for the connection string,
I found that it's failing on a database that can be archived. I think I'll
get what I need from the database, drop it, then perform the upgrade.

Well I think Tom was looking for that information to not only solve your issue but also to determine whether this is a bug that needs to be fixed. So providing that information would help the greater cause if it is something you can do.

Thank you again for all of your help. It's greatly appreciated!

John

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx