Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgres for disconnected environment

On 12/30/2013 07:37 AM, Joey Quinn wrote:
Most of the installations I have seen reach out to the Internet during
the process. How hard is it to build a Postgres installation in a
completely isolated environment? I have an internal network with not
Internet connectivity that I would like to set up Postgres on.

Well you have not said what OS you are installing on, or what you intend to do with Postgres. Given that, assuming you have a development environment set up, you could build from the source. There is still the problem of getting the source downloaded and transferred to the internal network.

Joey

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx