Search Postgresql Archives

Re: index and table corruption

Thanks Shaun!

Yes, we're getting synchronous_commit on right now.

The log_min_duration was briefly set to 0 at the time I sent out the post,
just to see what statements were logged right before everything went to
hell. Didn't yield much since we very quickly realized we couldn't cope
with the volume of logs.

We also noticed that when trying to recover from a snapshot and replay
archived wal logs, it would corrupt right away, in under an hour. When
recovering from snapshots *without* replaying wal logs, we go on for a day
or two without the problem, so it does seem like wal logs are probably not
being flushed to disk as expected.

Will update once we get onto the new h/w to see if that fixes it.

Thanks,
Karthik