Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Connection pooling

On 10/31/2013 1:09 PM, andy wrote:
I'm not sure if geoserver is like openLayers/mapserver, but in the later case (which I use), you can set it up to have the browser (running openLayers) request multiple layers at the same time... and on top of that each layer can be requested in tiles. (That way when you drag the map it only has to load new tiles, and not the entire image, which makes the animations smooth)

Anyway, one webclient * 5 layers * tiles = lot and lots and lots of web requests (which, would make lots of db hits).

sure, but those hits shouldn't each be using a new connection, no more than 2-4 of them should be processed concurrently following http 1.1 guidelines, so no more than 2-4 connections should be required.

the behavior the OP descibed sounded like the tomcat applets aren't closing their connections, thats broken behavior.