Search Postgresql Archives

Re: permission denied

On 10/31/2013 12:53 AM, Pascal Tufenkji wrote:
Hello,

I am facing a weird permission problem with the views in our database.

While the system is up and running, suddenly a certain view gets
corrupted. When we try to query it, it returns “permission denied”.
Although the permission has not been changed and if I check them using
“\z” the system displays that all the permissions are still on. The only
solution is to drop the view and create it back again.

3 views had been corrupted the past week.

Until now, all the errors are on our SIT and UAT servers. I am afraid
that soon we will be facing those same problems on our production database.

We are using PostgreSQL 8.2.11 on Red Hat

I might as well be the first to say it, version 8.2 is no longer supported.

What seems to be the problem ?

Hard to say.

Can anyone help please ?

What is the exact error message returned?

How are the views being defined?

Are the tables under the views being changed?

*Pascal TUFENKJI
*Service de Technologie de l'Information
Université Saint-Joseph - Rectorat
Tel: +961 1 421 132
Email: ptufenkji@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ptufenkji@xxxxxxxxxx>

--