Search Postgresql Archives

Re: GIST index : order Hack : getting the order used by CLUSTER .. USING my_index

Hello,

I'm interested in the tree structure inherent to the gist indexing.
I was thinking to retrieve it from order of index.
Do you know how I could access it directly?

My use case would be to take advantage of this gist ordering to order 2D points
s1 : N1 N2 .. Nn
so that for any given t<n,  s2 : [N1 Nt] points are an extract of s1 which is well spread (spatially speaking).

Ideally I would prefer to use the quadtree index in contrib rather than the Gist R Tree.

Cheers,

Rémi-C

2013/10/24 Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
=?UTF-8?Q?R=C3=A9mi_Cura?= <remi.cura@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I would like to be able to get the rows following the order of an index
> (*NOT* getting an order by accelerated, but only an order defined by an

Since a GiST index hasn't got any specific internal order, I fail to see
the point of this.

                        regards, tom lane