Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql

On 13/10/2013, at 9:15 AM, Chuck Davis <cjgunzel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> the only appropriate way to get from one input field to the next is hitting the enter key.

Ha, I remember how blazing fast entry could be on old terminals with a field exit key on the numeric keypad - particularly when standardised on 4-6 digit numeric identifiers. I do feel sorry for people who have to do data entry in poorly designed apps, but it's also easier these days to pre-populate data and use an ajax hybrid search/select box to seriously minimise the number of keystrokes.

Cheers,

Tony