Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Urgent Help Required

On 10/08/2013 08:03 AM, shailesh singh wrote:
Dear all,
  First of all i wish to share actual error meassge,

Below are the queries i had executed on the terminal on my server

-bash-3.2$ touch fix.sql
-bash-3.2$ echo "VACUUM FULL;" > fix.sql
-bash-3.2$ postgres -D /var/lib/pgsql/data patnadbold < fix.sql
WARNING: database "patnadbold" must be vacuumed within 1000000 transactions
HINT: To avoid a database shutdown, execute a full-database VACUUM in
"patnadbold".
WARNING: database "patnadbold" must be vacuumed within 1000000 transactions
HINT: To avoid a database shutdown, execute a full-database VACUUM in
"patnadbold".

PostgreSQL stand-alone backend 8.1.11

After this i am able to stop /start my db server but i am not able to
connect to my databases (it tells to run vacuum full first on patnadbold
databases)

1)I am using postgres 8.4 version.

This seems to be at odds with "PostgreSQL stand-alone backend 8.1.11".
Are you sure you are working on the correct database cluster?

2) I had two databases on this server i) patnadbold  ii) patnaonlinedb

For me patnadbold is of no use if at this moment i lost this database
that also fine to me.
I wanted to connect patnaonlinedb any how and wanted to perform backup
of this , Solution please.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx