Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to failover from Primary to Standby and Set the old Primary as a new Standby

On 9/19/2013 1:29 PM, Vick Khera wrote:

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM, ascot.moss@xxxxxxxxx <ascot.moss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I use PG 9.2.4 with streaming replication.  What will be the manual procedure to failover from Primary to Standby and Set the old Primary as a new standby?

From what I understand, you start over by setting up the old primary as a new standby from scratch.

if you use rsync for the base backup of new master to old, it should go fairly quickly as relatively few files should have changed assuming not much time has elapsed.