Re: using Replace funcion in postgresql

karinos57 wrote
> SELECT
>        Volume, REPLACE(Volume,'.','')
>       FROM MyTable
>
> The data in my table looks like this:
>
> 88.97
> 448.58 and etc
>
> i want to show like this with out the period:
>
> 8897
> 44858
>
> I have tried to use different ways but still getting the error i hope
> someone out there can help me. How can i achieve this? thanks

Solution provided elsewhere but make sure you cover the corner-case where
there are zeros in the decimal positions.  Depending on the how the number
column is defined those may be lost whereas I presume you want "00" to
appear at the end for integer amounts and "90" to appear to round-tenths.

David J.