Search Postgresql Archives

Risk of set system wise statement_timeout

I have been reading few posted comment about the risk for autovacuum for older postgres liek version 8. I am currently running 9.2.4. We have a need to terminate any query running longer than 2 hours. Most of our query should finish within 15 minutes. We don't have very large amount of changes in the system and we run autovacuum daily. Running the larger table for autovacuum should be fast. Under my situation, setting statement_timeout = 7200000 which is 2 hours seems very low risk trigger fail to autovacuum. Any one have any idea not to do it or any workaround to decrease the risk of fail autovacuum.

--
Best regards,

Alex Lai
OMI SIPS DBA ADNET Systems , Inc.