Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Recovery.conf and PITR

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM, ascot.moss@xxxxxxxxx
<ascot.moss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there a way to query the master (it is up and running) about the actual commit sequence by transaction IDs?

The information is within the clogs, but nothing comes into my mind as
to inspect from an admin point of view the clog sequence.
Anyway, I suepect it is wrong the approach you have with recovery: you
are asking the database to recover at least up to transaction x, so
why worrying about other interleaved transactions?

Luca