Search Postgresql Archives

How to prevent clear screen when query finish ?

Hello,

sorry for dumb question, did any one can tell me how the hell I can remove clear screen after finish the sql query from console ? This probably have some idea, but for me look like very ... not good idea. When I run query from console like:

SELECT * FROM table_x;

I got the result ... with (END) and when I click key -> q for quit the result disappear and I can't scroll it back, if I need to check something again (change console do something, get one line and need to scroll back) and want to see my old result again, I need to run query again ... I never has this problem on Slackware, but today one of my partners give me a shell to his ubuntu server to fix something on database.

Cheers,
Hristo S.