Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Seamless replacement to MySQL's GROUP_CONCAT function...

I believe his VARIADIC might cover the optional delimiter use, but he suggests using an array aggregation function instead -which does not return a string list, so you would still have to rework the original queries.

Now you could write a GROUP_CONCAT aggregate that uses a final function to convert the array to a string list -but correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the way I am concatenating as I go uses less resources (an array of, say, 5000 elements versus a string...)

But while I am testing use of the ANYELEMENT, I will see if VARIADIC can simplify things a tad more...