Search Postgresql Archives

new instance of postgres on windows

Hello and greetings,

I want to install postgresql for use as the backend to a Windows application.

This seems to be no problem if postgresql is NOT already installed on the system. which is not in this case.

postgresql is already installed and  unless the command line parameters contain the superpassword etc of the existing installation , the install fails. As I will likely never know the superpassword or other account details of any pre-existing postgresql instances and the machine owners may not either.

How to then proceed and install a new  instance that can  be used by our application.

Window 7
Postgres 9.3 beta

regards