Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 9.3-beta postgres-fdw COPY error

On Jun 21, 2013, at 1:56 PM, Lonni J Friedman <netllama@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was afraid someone would say that.  Is this a limitation that might
> be removed in the future (like 9.4), or is there a technical reason
> why its not possible to do a COPY against a foreign table?

I think reason is, FDW is a way of representation of foreign table in your current database. And when you take logical backup (pg_dump), you actually dump the definition of representation, not table. And if its allowed then, in my view you are losing the idea of representation with idea of actually creating that table in database.

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Postgres Database Company