Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Streaming replication with sync slave, but disconnects due to missing WAL segments

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 6:25 AM, <Mads.Tandrup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

I have a question about sync streaming replication.

I have 2 postgresql 9.1 servers set up with streaming replication. On the
master node the slave is configured as a synchronous standby. I've verified
that pg_stat_replication shows sync_state = sync for the slave node.

It all seems to work fine. But I have noticed that sometimes when I restore
backups created by pg_dump. The slave node will disconnect with the message
in the postgresql log:

You cannot use pg_dump to set up a database for receiving streaming replication.

For that it must be a physical copy, not a logical copy which is what pg_dump generates.

Cheers,

Jeff