Search Postgresql Archives

Trigger function on Warm Standby

Hi all,

I have a Primary Standby setup with streaming replication.
Trigger is created on a table, and all it does it to log a message.

The trigger works as expected on Primary, however, I don't see the same on standby.

I alter the table to have ENABLE ALWAYS TRIGGER, I verified the setting on both Primary and Standby which is set to A.

Standby:
-bash-4.1$ psql -c "select tgrelid, tgname, tgenabled from pg_trigger where tgname='processnodeafter'"
 tgrelid |      tgname      | tgenabled
---------+------------------+-----------
   19218 | processnodeafter | A

Primary:
postgres=# select tgrelid, tgname, tgenabled from pg_trigger where tgname='processnodeafter';
 tgrelid |      tgname      | tgenabled
   19218 | processnodeafter | A
(1 row)

Can someone tell me if the trigger will never happen on the Standby server? Is it expected or am I missing some other settings?

Thanks~
Ning