Search Postgresql Archives

Re: optimizer's cost formulas

Hi Sebastien,

> The tool to tweak the query planner parameters mentioned in the article
> sounds very useful. Can we download it somewhere, either as binary or
> source code ?

It is currently not publicly available, because it contains some
specifics (no secrets) of the experiments I did, the most prominent
being that it depends on a modified version of dbt3.  The changes to
dbt3 in turn are even harder to share, because the master of dbt3 got
heavily modified in the meantime, making a rebase hard.

If you are still interested, please contact me off list.

Regards,
Daniel Bausch

--
Daniel Bausch