Search Postgresql Archives

Re: streaming replication question

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Roberto Scattini <roberto.scattini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
i mean, i can have both configurations enabled?

no, i think my setup, with this config, is just doing warm standby. but the streaming replication was working before adding archive_command to master and restore_command to slave.

if i remove restore_command and  archive_cleanup_command from recovery.conf on slave the streaming replication works again.

so, i cant combine both methods? i must shut down my master to start the streaming replication? this comment confused me:

# Specifies a command to load archive segments from the WAL archive. If
# wal_keep_segments is a high enough number to retain the WAL segments
# required for the standby server, this may not be necessary. But
# a large workload can cause segments to be recycled before the standby
# is fully synchronized, requiring you to start again from a new base backup.
restore_command = 'cp /path_to/archive/%f "%p"'

--
Roberto Scattini