Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Connection limit exceeded for non-superusers when there are plenty of available slots

My intention was to have 480 max connections for super user and 20 connections for non super user. (I created the non super user account for  an external user to log into PgAdmin and look at the schema) Is there a problem with 20 connections in such a scenario?

 When I select from pg_stat_activity, I only see 62 connections from the super user (postgres) and that  number is less than 480.
I don't see any connections from non super user. Yet , when I try to login as non super user, it claims it ran out of non super user reserved connections.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 7:38 AM, G B <g.b.coder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   SHOW superuser_reserved_connections;
>
> 480
>
>   SHOW max_connections;
>  500
>
> Is there something I'm missing here?   Thanks for your help.

This leaves just 20 connections for non-root users. Did you intend to
set superuser_reserved_connections to 20, thus leaving 480 for normal
use?

ChrisA