Search Postgresql Archives

Terminate query on page exit

Greetings,

I use postgresql on a Linux server on a virtual machine (despite my protest to IT personal).

The client is typically a web server implementing PHP sites.

Customers many times close a page typically when a heavy report runs for too long.

Using the command "top", I got the impression that the query still runs even though the page was closed.

I want to make sure the query is dropped when the customer closes the page.

Any method to kill such query would it still hang out there?

Thanks

David Harel

QIS LTD