Search Postgresql Archives

Re: What happens if I create new threads from within a postgresql function?

Sent from my iPad

On 18-Feb-2013, at 22:38, Bruce Momjian <bruce@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> You can see the approach of not calling any PG-specific routines from
>>> theads here:
>>>
>>>   http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Parallel_Query_Execution#Approaches
>>

>> Is there any way to locally synchronise the threads in my code,and
>> send the requests to the PostgreSQL backend one at a time? Like a waiting
>> queue in my code?
>
> Is this from the client code?  That is easy from libpq using
> asynchronous queries.

Actually, I haven't yet faced any such scenario.I was just thinking of all the possibilities that can happen in this case.Hehehe

If we want to do this from a function in PostgreSQL itself, would a local synchronisation mechanism work?

Regards,

Atri