From: Magnus Hagander [mailto:magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 7 February 2013 11:49 PM
To: amutu
Cc: Michael Harris; pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Hari Babu
Subject: Re:  Hot Standby has PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 7:39 AM, amutu <zhao6014@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> maybe pg_basebackup can`t handle such big database.try
> rsync,pg_start_backup,rsync,pg_stop_backup,it always works fine for
> us.our instance is about 2TB and we use pg9.1.x.

It really should handle that without problem, but sure, it might be worth trying that one. If you can show that the problem is in pg_basebackup, that's a very clear bug (either in pg_basebackup or in the backend supporting code), so that would be good to know.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/