Search Postgresql Archives

Re: best config

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Steven Schlansker <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ok. we thought in this crossed-replication config because one heavy query in one of the databases wouldnt affect the performance of the other.

Both of your servers need to be powerful enough to handle the whole load, otherwise your replication setup will not continue to function acceptably when one of the servers is offline due to a crash or maintenance.

I agree here. Unless you all you want is to have your data, in which case any old machine that has disk space can be your archived server.