Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PGAdmin on Windows (yeah, i know!!) and registry/.ini questions

On 2/4/2013 12:03 AM, David Wooffindin wrote:

My question: are there any real docs on how to ‘force’ registry values so that all users get some preconfigured servers . . .

That or, how to do it via an .ini file, cos the example ini doesn’t really say how to do what I’m looking to do.

I’m trying to use AD/GPO to configure predefined servers for different sites within our organization and I’m sort of going nuts trying to find how to do this.

Of course, mostly being screwed over due to GPO & AD, as opposed to pgadmin….

Thanks for your time

what exactly do you mean by, 'preconfigured servers' ?     Postgres makes no use of the registry except the service definition, and that should be created with the pg_ctl command, or with the system sc command.   creating databases and roles can/should be done with a sql script run through psql.exe