Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postfresql 8.4 Problem

On 01/25/2013 07:02 AM, Electric Boy wrote:
I have a problem with posgresql 8.4, yesterday when I tried to reinstall
and do restore the old database not work if you install in a different
folder than the folder given the old database, the program works. When
installing program the old folder where the database service postgresql
not start with this log :

Questions:

1) Since you are saying folders and service I am assuming you are talking Windows, Correct?
   If not what platform?

2) If Windows did you use the One Click installer?
	If not how was it installed?

3) What was the original problem that caused you to reinstall?

4) According to the log the database ran for almost two minutes before it shutdown and did so by request. What happened in those two minutes?

5) Are you sure that you do not have two instances of Postgres running at the same time? It can be done, but it also can cause problems

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx