Search Postgresql Archives

Throttling Streamming Replication

Hi Guys,

We are having a problem with our infrastructure provider because the network traffic between master and slave server is reaching more than 30k packages per second(SLA says 20k/second). Is there any way to throttle the streamming replication? I meant, any parameter that I set the max number of megabytes sent to standby server per second? I didn't have any luck looking at the postgresql streamming replication documentation. There is the wal_sender_delay, but I suppose that if I set more than 1 second, it could accumulate a bunch of wal files and send it at once. So, it wouldn't work.

Thanks in advance,

--
Rodrigo Pereira da Silva
rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx