Search Postgresql Archives

Re: main.log file not being updated

On 01/24/2013 10:36 AM, Anson Abraham wrote:
#log_destination = 'stderr'
#logging_collector = off

It was when it was restarted that this didn't start logging.  To restart
is an option, but one I'd like to avoid.

It's 9.0 on debian squeeze.
init.d/postgres start

It was writing before.  Just stopped after the last restart or rather
reload of the config file.  Also when I did an LSOF of the file, nothing
was locking it ... ie usually postgres would be the one, but not in this
case.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/runtime-config-logging.html

logging_collector (boolean)
This parameter captures plain and CSV-format log messages sent to stderr and redirects them into log files. This approach is often more useful than logging to syslog, since some types of messages might not appear in syslog output (a common example is dynamic-linker failure messages). This parameter can only be set at server start.

Would seem something changed the config file to turn off the collector. You will need to set on and restart.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx