Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Recommendations on plpgsql debugger?

One thing I've done in the past is to create a temporary table and insert "raise notice" debug statements to it, incrementing a sequence as it went along.  Then just select the message with order by the seq.  Useful in the recursive calls I was testing at the time.  But it did require that I stick a bunch of "raise notice" statements and reload the procedure(s).

But ya, a real debugger sould be great.

From: pgsql-general-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Travers
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:00 AM
To: Postgres General
Subject: Recommendations on plpgsql debugger?

Hi all;

I have a client who needs a way to step through a PL/PGSQL function and ideally see what one is doing at present.  I noticed that there used to be an EDB Debugger module for this purpose but I can't seem to find one for 9.1 and I can't seem to pull from csv to try.

Any alternatives? Am I missing something?

Best Wishes,

Chris Travers