Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Is there any plugin for Nagios, which sends Postgresql ERROR information with SQL query in mail?

On 01/02/2013 08:55 AM, AI Rumman wrote:
Is there any plugin for Nagios, which sends Postgresql ERROR information with SQL query in mail?
I can't comment on Nagios, but I do the same basic thing by routing PostgreSQL logging through syslog which is configured to copy significant errors into a secondary temporary file. This file is checked/cleared by a simple cron script that runs every five minutes. If errors exist, they are routed to my department for investigation.

Security note: Error messages have the potential to contain names/SSN/medical-data/passwords and other sensitive information so it is best to ensure that such messages stay inside your perimeter and that they are routed only to a minimal number of trusted administrators.

Cheers,
Steve