Search Postgresql Archives

Re: rights for schema

On 12/30/2012 04:06 PM, Christian Hammers wrote:
Am Sun, 30 Dec 2012 15:54:32 +0100
schrieb Philipp Kraus <philipp.kraus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello,

can I set all rights to a schema and its content? I have different
schema and in the public schema all users should be do everything
(select, update, delete, call functions, etc). Also if I add a new
user, the user should be get also the rights. My other schemas are
only access by the database user only.

How can I do this?

Phil

AFAIK you can't set all rights for all tables, views, functions etc.
inside a schema "recursively" with one command. Neither can you say
that, inside a specific schema, every newly created table or function
should automatically get a "default" access list.
(the "template1" database can only be used to do the latter for newly
created databases).

Actually as of 9.0 that is not strictly true:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/sql-alterdefaultprivileges.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx