Search Postgresql Archives

Full text search in Chinese

Can anyone shed any light on how I might go about implementing full text search for Chinese?

I have heard I need to go down the NGRAM route but would love to get some external feedback.

Our application has a per user 'ignore' list that we 'left outer join where null' sort of deal on so I really rather not go out to Solr or anything external if possible.

I bet there is something simple as it seems like each character is an individual search term.

Thoughts? Hints? Am I posting in the right place?

Thanks!

--

Christian Jensen
724 Ioco Rd