Search Postgresql Archives

Re: oracle_fdw with oracle os authentication

[added CC to oracle-fdw-general, where this should be]

Papiernik Anna-AAP053 wrote:
> I have Oracle with OS authentication.
>
> And I have installed PostgreSQL and I want to migrate data from Oracle
to PostgreSQL database.

> I have performed steps:
>
> CREATE EXTENSION oracle_fdw;
>
> CREATE SERVER oradb FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER oracle_fdw OPTIONS (dbserver
'');

> GRANT USAGE ON FOREIGN SERVER oradb TO postgres;
>
> CREATE USER MAPPING FOR postgres SERVER oradb OPTIONS (user '',
password '');

> Then I have created foreign table and I want to select from it.
>
> Unfortunatelly, oracle_fdw is unable to connect using OS
authentication and it doesn't work.

> Is it possible to use oracle_fdw to have OS authentication?

It should work, although I admit that I never tested it (I used
External Password Store for external authentication).

Can you show me the error message?
Does it work if you connect as PostgreSQL OS user with "sqlplus /"?
If not, you have to fix that first.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe