Search Postgresql Archives

Streaming replication with different structure

Greetings,

I have a binary replication as follow:

1. The primary is used for the write operation
2. I am interested in optimizing a query of one of the tables which has a daily partitions with around 8 GB in size.
3. The server is used mainly for write and the average data write for all tables around 40 GB per day.

The slave is used only for read operation.  Is it possible to add indexes only on the salve to increase the performance, If this is not possible,   how can I estimate the effect of adding indexes on the master and it's effect on the write operation

Thanks in advance