Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Great site for comparing databases (or anything else)

On 28/10/12 12:00, Stephen Cook wrote:
On 10/27/2012 5:18 PM, Mike Christensen wrote:
Just came across this one:

http://hammerprinciple.com/databases/items/mysql/postgresql

mySQL is great for embedding in applications though? Have they not read Oracle's license?

Does it say anywhere on that site if the people surveyed know both databases well enough to judge these questions? I can't find anything about that, and the site also ranks gin and martial arts, so I'm not sure sure it has much value.

-- Stephen

Probably a very useful site to note people's 'perceptions' - as perceptions tend to influence peoples decisions, especially when people feel overwhelmed by technical decision making.

Also note that for features that are obviously complicated or advanced, Postgres tends to a lot better than MySQL.

For the above reasons, I think it may be of value to the pg community to look at it in order to consider what are marketing messages should be.

Cheers,
Gavin