Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Mapping PostgreSQL data types to DB2 Federated Server

On 10/14/12 5:52 PM, Alexander Gataric wrote:

I'm on a project which requires adding PostgreSQL tables to DB2 Federated Server. I'm getting an error with PostgreSQL data types boolean, text, bytea, and XML. I believe this can be solved with the CREATE TYPE MAPPING in Fed Server. Does anyone know which values to use? I'm not that familiar with Fed Server.

Also, the Postgres data is being extracted and inserted from the same table using Optim Archive. Does this pose an additional challenge with setting up the mapping?

I suggest you talk to your IBM support contacts for these issues, they really have little to do with Postgres and are completely beyond postgres' control.