Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgxs problem...

On 10/09/12 6:09 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
I wrote:
>So if I've not lost track, the scorecard is:
>1. We need to install mkldexport.sh when on AIX, so that pgxs builds can
>use it.
>2. Makefile.aix has the wrong idea about where to find postgres.imp when
>in pgxs mode.
>3. pljava needs -lm and isn't explicitly asking for it.
>I will see about fixing the first two, but the third is on pljava to
>fix.
I've committed a patch for the first two things:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=bd0ef304f8a306522983f3b4b06274fdc45beed8
... but not having an AIX machine, I can't actually test it.  Would
you verify it works?

hmm, i've not worked with git much. whats the best way I can verify this? should I just run the patches against a 9.1.6 tarball or should I attempt a full checkout from git?

(These aren't new bugs BTW --- it looks to me like this has been wrong
since the pgxs code was created, in 8.1.  I guess we don't have many
AIX users :-()

at least not AIX users using the PGXS infrastructure, we've been running PG on AIX for a couple years now in house.