Search Postgresql Archives

Re: problem with recreating database with export

On 09/26/2012 08:44 PM, Dennis Gearon wrote:

It turns out that I had made the export from psql, a text based export.

I just do not see how you can be exporting schema definitions from within psql. I still say pg_dump is involved somewhere.

So I read that it was actually needing to be imported using '\i
filename_in_local_directory'

What about the other questions I posed?:

 What versions of Postgres are you using?

 Are you going from one version to another?

 Are you in fact talking about doing a plain text pg_dump?

New questions:

 To be clear what are the actual commands used to create the export?

 Also what are the actual errors you get when trying to import the data?

Dennis Gearon

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx