Search Postgresql Archives

Re: application for postgres Log

Arvind Singh wrote:
> I have come across a very peculiar situation.
>
> We have a postgres installation 9.0. It was installed last year.
>
> But we started implementation on it, just recently.
>
> And therefore the need to develop a Logparser application.
>
> During our preliminary parsing , What we discovered is just beyond the
grasp of my knowledge.

> It seems that during a certain period lastyear in November, it created
a Session entry that holds more
> than
> Fifty thousand records for a SINGLE SESSION (4ebccaa2.20c) . Yes that
is 5 with five zeros

> One does look at wonder of the Dawn of November when such occurance
holds place.
> Is it divine intervention, because we never parsed the log in those
days and therefore cannot
> ascertain the reasons for such verbosity.

It would indeed be divine intervention if fifty thousand had
five zeros.

Other than that, I don't see anything special about that.
A session can last pretty long.
Maybe you can solve your mystery by looking at the log entries.
They should tell you what was going on.

> Although it never reoccurs and luckily we had csv option on during
that period.

> Where should i report such findings

I don't think there is anything wrong.
At least nothing database related.

> I have uploaded that Part of Log at
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71964910/pg_log_with_lot_of_session.zip

That looks like somebody turned on "log_statement_stats" for a spell.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe