Search Postgresql Archives

CentOS initd Script

Hi all,

I would first like to thank everyone involved for all of the hard work that goes into the postgres and the RPMs.I have a small request:

In the service script that gets installed to /etc/rc.d/init.d/, there is a hard-coded value for PGPORT. Would it be possible to have this variable and the corresponding -p flag set when calling postgres removed?

Explicitly specifying the port flag causes the port setting of postgresql.conf to be ignored. When postgresql.conf does not have the port explicitly defined, postgres falls back on the value of PGPORT, and ultimately 5432 when PGPORT is not present in the environment.

My main use case for this request is concurrently running multiple versions of postgresql on non-standard ports on the same box.

Thanks,
Kenaniah