Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_dump slow on windows

On 09/06/12 1:34 PM, Kobus Wolvaardt wrote:

Something that is curios is that if a DB takes long, it really takes horribly long like some kind of a lock is holding it. It would sit at a few kb dump size for 20 minutes en then run a bit and get stuck again (as far as we can tell), what we do know is that it is way to slow for some IO or cpu starvation. We have seen a 5GB backup sitting at 1Gb after 12hours and then we stop it.

Any siggestions? Can autovacume or lack thereof cause this? It seems noone has been doing any maintenance on the DB (it does look like autovacuum is running), so any suggestions would be nice.
try...

    select * from pg_stat_activity;
    select * from pg_locks;

next time its hung