Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Moving several databases into one database with several schemas

Em 06/09/2012 09:21, Albe Laurenz escreveu:
Edson Richter wrote:
2) Is there a way to specify the default schema in JDBC url
(or command I can issue to change
the default schema at runtime, like "set path...")?
SET search_path=schema1,schema2,public;
Problem is that my application uses JDBC and Connection Pooling. After
connection is closed, I'll have to set search path again, and again...
Nevertheless, connection pool allows me to have one command to test is
connection is available, I'll try to put SET search_path on there, and
see results.
I see.
You could change the default setting for the user with

ALTER ROLE someuser SET search_path=...
That is perfect! I can have separate users for each application, and then they will have the correct search path.
You saved my day,

Thank you very much!

Edson

Yours,