Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Maintaining a materialized view only on a replica

Subject changed to describe the problem. Reply in-line.

On 09/04/2012 07:57 PM, Herouth Maoz wrote:

The issue is that when an insert or an update is fired, I can't say
whether all the segments of the same transaction have been written yet,
and if only some of them were written, there is no guarantee on the
order in which they are written.

Does Slony-I provide stronger guarantees? If your replication doesn't guarantee ordering then you're going to have a very hard time doing this.

Is this
feasible at all? How would you achieve it?

I'd try to find a replication system that guaranteed ordering if at all possible.

--
Craig Ringer