Search Postgresql Archives

Re: String comparision in PostgreSQL

Le 30/08/2012 12:45, Craig Ringer a écrit :

That's my understanding, but I don't know which other database systems
you're talking about because you've never specifically named any.

In his primary post he talk about SQL Server, Sybase and MySQL wich does good jobs with collation....

Almost a majority of RDBMS have collation support wich is very important for non english languages, that represents about 90% of the planet languages !

This feature has always been a "black spot" in PG, and the most important topic to discourage to use it in professionnal applications.

A +

--
Frédéric BROUARD - expert SGBDR et SQL - MVP SQL Server - 06 11 86 40 66
Le site sur le langage SQL et les SGBDR  :  http://sqlpro.developpez.com