Search Postgresql Archives

importing updated files into a database

I have files that are updated every 2 hours. I have to detect the files
automatically and insert the information from them into a database. The
files are simple text files and I know which part of them is useful for me.
Our DBMS is Postgresql and programming language is python. what is your
suggestion to do that? I want to make use of DAL (Database Abstraction
Layer) or psycopg to make connection between the files and database and use
postgresql LISTEN/NOTIFY techniques to detect the new files. if you agree
with me please tell me how I can use LISTEN/NOTIFY functions to detect the
files. Thank you