Search Postgresql Archives

Re: View definition and schema search path bug or expected behaviour?

On 07/25/2012 08:19 PM, Chris Bartlett wrote:

Ah! The bob schema has no access privileges set. I had used pgAdmin3 -
the schema definition pgAdmin3 reports is:
CREATE SCHEMA bob   AUTHORIZATION bob;
(i.e., no grants)

So:
GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA bob TO bob;
DROP VIEW bob.people;
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW bob.people_view AS SELECT people.name FROM people;

SELECT * FROM bob.people_view
-> returns records from bob.people as expected

I had created the bob schema using pgAdmin3 (connected as bob), but when
the schema owner is set to bob, there is no option in pgAdmin's New
Schema... setup to grant privileges on the schema to bob. I guess I
assumed that if bob owned the schema he would have all privileges on
that schema.

There are a lot of dials to play with when creating objects and granting privileges. For my own sanity I make it a rule to confirm the privileges on an object when it is created or altered. Helps the blood pressure:)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxx