Search Postgresql Archives

meaning of "waiting" column in pg_stat_activity?

Just wondering...if a query is "waiting", what is it waiting for?  Is
this only for locks, or can it be for disk, or a memory buffer?  (If
there is a description of the meaning of things in pg_stat_activity
and it's relatives, I'd love a pointer, 'cause I can't seem to find
it.)

--
e-Mail is the equivalent of a postcard written in pencil.  This
message may not have been sent by me, or intended for you.  It may