Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Replication/cloning: rsync vs modification dates?

On 07/16/12 2:42 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:35 AM, Sergey Konoplev
<sergey.konoplev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>I wonder if it is correct in general to use mtime and size to perform
>these checks from the point of view of PostgreSQL.
>
>If it works with the current version then is there a guaranty that it
>will work with the future versions?
That was my exact question. Ideally, I'd like to hear from someone who
works with the Postgres internals, but the question may not even be
possible to answer.

as much as anything else, this is dependent on your OS properly updating mtime on an open file that's getting random writes.