Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Bug? Prepared queries continue to use search_path from their preparation time

On 13/07/12 02:59, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

This behavior is intentional.

In that case, the error lies with the Perl libraries that automatically
prepare and cache queries, but do not include the search_path in the
cache keys.

You have lost me there. Which Perl libraries are those?

I was thinking of DBIx::Class, which will automatically use the DBI function prepare_cached() for all the queries it generates.

However I discovered this warning hidden deep in the documentation:

"[..] once your schema is instantiated, you should not change the PostgreSQL schema search path for that schema's database connection. If you do, Bad Things may happen."

So they are aware of the problem, but unfortunately I hadn't seen that warning (and I suspect most users won't) until after they've encountered the problem.

I guess for now I chalk this up to experience and remember not to do it again! :)